I write about strange creatures. Typically they shouldn’t exist, or they have bled through from a different reality, or they’re pretending to be a crying baby in a crib. Sometimes that lands my stories in horror and other times in fantasy, but there’s always an air of strangeness to my tales. If you want to get a better feel for what I’m talking about, check out a few clips or read a few drabbles.
My work has appeared in a spattering of short story collections, but I do have a few novellas and novels in the pipeline. Other than talking about writing, I also talk about cryptozoology, werewolves, wildlife conservation, and of course kitties. I’ve also been known to nerd out about Batman and The Hobbit, and have recently discovered the cracktastic fun of Black Butler cosplay, so there will likely be more of these incidents.
By day I work as a web developer, so I’ll occasionally talk about web issues like finding the right theme.
- “Dead Man’s Hill” published in The Siren’s Call issue #29. October 28, 2016.
- “Curse of Beauty” published in Heroic Fantasy Quarterly’s Q28 issue. May 2, 2016.
- “Tiny Necks” published in Not Your Average Monster #2. February 29, 2016.
- Horror Writers Association Affiliate Membership as of November 2015
Awards & Recognition
- “The Mysterious Disappearance of Charlene Kerringer”, a fantasy noir detective piece, was a semi-finalist in The Zharmae Publishing Press’ Spring 2012 Writer’s Competition.
- “The Sky is Falling”, a steampunk short story inspired by the Chicken Little tale, was included in Pink Narcissus Press’ Rapunzel’s Daughters. The anthology was named an Editor’s Choice title by Independent Publisher Online. 2011.